Friday, August 21, 2009

Who Am I?

I'm somebody who likes to live in the now. While the future concerns me and I make accommodations for it, I try to enjoy life in the present as much as possible. At the same time, I'm a meticulous planner. It sounds contradictory, but I pull it off. I was born in Kiev, Ukraine and moved to the U.S. with my mother and older sister when I was four. In the future, I have no idea what I'll be doing and I don't think that's a problem at this stage. I do want to go to U of I.

I work at Cosi as a barista. I'm also a baker. I make bread. It's awesome! My co-workers are borderline retarded and I'm expected to always smile at customers and ask them how they're doing. I don't do that out of principle because I refuse to ask someone how they are when I genuinely couldn't care less. It's just illogical and we're brainwashed into believing that it's polite. And people get weirded out when you don't constantly smile, especially when you're the cashier. I'm at work and it's early. Why would I be standing there grinning? To me, it would look odd for somebody to be happy to be at their minimum wage job on a Saturday morning, in that stupid hat that makes my hair poke my eyeballs and the stupid tucked in shirt.

Well, we've got some space to kill, so...
About me...
I'm seventeen in a week. I like to snowboard. I like music. I like chilling and enjoying life, living it to the fullest and all that jazz.
The bell just rang so I'm out,
Peace,

3 comments:

  1. Interesting take on the world. I agree that having a positive attitude with a not so good job is lame but you need to be more optimistic! Attitudes are contagious and if you have a bad one then it could ruin someone's good one. So..smile, look at the glass half full. You are getting paid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's off of a poster in my Cal room. Nah you're right though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...that does sound like something from a poster in a class. Nice to meet you. Very funny hearing about the job at Cosi. Be careful of the r-word there though, try to write more specifically, do you mean your coworkers are not very intelligent? Say that.

    ReplyDelete